I am very depressed and I used to cut myself

I am a 15 year old female and I am unsure if I am depressed. I used to cut myself, but stopped because of the way it affected my parents when they found out. I am gay and am afraid to tell anyone/feel insecure about it. I have spoken to a teacher in the past about my feelings and she told my parents, they then spoke to me and said they would get me help. It has been almost a year and they have yet to do so. I am not pushy on the topic with my family and have become more reclusive after telling my parents about my feelings. I am having a consentration problem as of late and my grades are dropping slightly. I have been biting my nail more than normal and this causes headaches. I also am having a seeing and hear problem. All of this is building onto the pressure that I feel. I am losing interest in this I normally enjoy and feel bothered to do much. I can hardly sleep because my brain keeps working when I need to rest. I tried to commit suicide in the past and have been thinking about it often. This has been going on since I told my parents before. I thought telling them would take the opposite affect. I am afraid to talk to anyone and am unsure of who to talk to anyway. I am also afraid of putting my family into dept because of my problem, we are struggling as it is and I know counceling is expensive. What should I do?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. !5 years is still a young age to decide about your partners.. Concentrate on developing a bright future for your self now.. I feel your parents do feel the same.. You will have the right to decide on your partner once you grow up a little more.. And then your parents will take you more seriously too.. So right now, do not break your head thinking of your partner now.. Enjoy your life as it is now and aim for high.. Things will work out then as you like it...  All the best...