I am underweight. Why am I suggested to have half watermelon and not whole?

Why did my dr tell me to try to eat only half a watermelon and not whole thing when I crave the whole thing and it takes me 2 or 3 hrs to eat it. Underweight 5 4 and about 85lbs = adrenal failure and on 40mg steroids daily which make me hyper so I walk all day - bout 30 or more miles and don t eat till 7:30pm. Crave watermelon. Is it bad to eat whole thing? I love it and haven t died yet.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Hello I have gone through your query and understood you concern.

In my opinion the reason why your doctor said to eat half watermelon is because it contains no calories. If you eat only watermelon much it causes your stomach to be full but you don't want to eat other foods containing proteins and carbohydrates. Eat more protein and carb foods to put on weight in you.

Hope this helped you.