I am taking glycomet and having constipation. What precaution should I take ?

I am 31yrs old and have been detected for mild PCOS symtomes, I am overweight also. My Doctor prescribed me 500mg of glycomet once a day with folic acid. I have been taking that for 15-20 days but just 5 days back I have started feeling constipation . I get my stool 1-2 times a day but i have difficulty and slight pain pushing it out. I have been also taking isabgol, but no releif. Is it due to glycomet? what precaution should I take.
Asked On : Thu, 12 May 2011