I am suffering with nerve pain in the fore head

iam suffering with nevers pain in the fore head above left eye
Asked On : Tue, 23 Nov 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response

welcome to HCM.

You say you have nerve pain (neuralgia) above your left eye, but how could you be certain that it is nerve pain and not some other pain due to infection etc.

There is in fact a nerve traversing out from the orbit, in that region and could certainly be neuralgia, but to confirm it you will need to consult a neurologist. After thorough examination of your nervous system, he may suggest some special tests to arrive at a diagnosis and treat the condition accordingly.

Do not ignore this pain, it may be significant.

Wish you all the best.
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Thanks for nice query.     
Nerve pain has typical presentation ,it last long and may or may not be constant . Rule out other simple reasons for pain before thinking of nerve pain
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”