I am suffering from tonsils, how to get rid of it ?

Hey, my right tonsil is a little swollen and looks sponge like....what should I do?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Apr 2010
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello Josh I am Dr Sharma On the basis of info provided it appears that you are having infection of tonsil. If it is associated with pain and difficulty in swallowing it is possibly a acute infection. But if it is only unilateral enlargement of tonsil with pain in throat it may be because of peritonsillar abscess. Here the patient also complain of fever and difficulty in swallowing. If there is unilateral enlargement of tonsil without pain and difficulty in swallowing it may be because of a neoplastic process. It would be appropriate to have a ENT consultation so that you can be treated as per the probabale diagnosis. I hope this answers your concern with regards Ravinder Sharma
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
welcome to HCM...,
You are suffering from....Tonsillitis....,
It is bacterial infection......
Good treatment is available.....
1) Gargling of throat by antiseptic solution orSalt water...,
2) Tab.Amoxycillin with Clavulonic acid 2 times daily for 7 days...,
3) Tab.Aciclophenac with paracetamol...2 times daily for 7 days...,
4) If it is chronic........go for ENT specialist...
hence consult ENT Surgen do accordingly o.k best of luck...,
  Anonymous's Response

go to a Doctor you might need antibiotics, or gargle, dont swallow warm salt water and hope it improves.  Supposively lemons with kill some bacteria in the throat, but might also irritate it more. Use sparingly, or find lemon drop candy with real lemon juice in it.  Good luck.

General & Family Physician Dr. Rajath. Pejaver's  Response
Hi thanks for your query.
Tonsillitis is the infection and inflammation of the tonsils. You will require a course of antibiotics and appropriate analgesics( pain killers) . I suggest you visit a physician.
Have a healthy life !