I am suffering from sentinel pile, kindly help

Sir I am suffering from sentinel pile. it has developed recently. it pains when I pass bowels. kindly advice on the treatment
Asked On : Fri, 14 May 2010
Dentist 's  Response
Sentinel pile usually is associated with Anal this patient suffers from pain pre and post defaecation .Consult a general surgeon who will inspect your condition and either would advice you to take medicines like antibiotics(ofloxacin-ornidazole combination) topical ointment like povi ano/sucral ano, relaxant(caldob) stool softener(lactulose solution,or naturolax) and a b complex. Or else he/she may advice surgery. All the best.
General & Family Physician Dr. Dhananjay's  Response
sentinel pile is associated with fissure in ano. its a skin tag hanging out from anal verge. usually its asymptomatic but become painful if it gets infected and inflamed. Get examined by surgeon for ur condition. take stool softener, anti inflammatory and antibiotic drugs. take soft diet, plenty of water, dont strain while defecating and keep the area clean and dry. u can also try additional thing. like take hot water in a tub add salt to it and sit in this tub for 4-5 min in such a way that sentinel pile should be in contact with water. it will reduce inflammation and swelling. take care bye...