I am suffering from memory loss

hello sir , I suffereing from temporary loss of memory very frequently I forget things. what is the problem with me
Asked On : Tue, 11 Jan 2011
As u told u r suffering from temporary loss of memory.
Please be specific about loss of short term memory, loss of Long term memory
Temporary loss means u get recollect the memory later.
If it is short term memory loss, it commonly seen in above 50 females - Alzeihmers disease. With memory loss there seen other neurological signs
Keep yourself involved in memory strengthening exercises.
Psychiatrist Dr. B Raghavendra's  Response
Hi Divyasanghi,

Memory loss could be because of many reasons, the most known one amongst them is Dementia, of course.

From psychiatric view point, lot of problems like dementia, depression, PTSD and many others cause memory loss.

It is the nature of memory loss and its associated features which determine the label and the help that can be formulated for it.

Please consult a physician/psychiatrist.
Thanks doctor but I'm 35yrs of age and forget things and work very easily. I have a border line of sugar,BP, and thyroid,and some yrs back I had hit my head with my hands so seviroly that there was a blood clot for three to four days does that effect my memory or the reason is something else which doctor should I consult.
If you have been in consultation with a physician already about your BP, Diabetes and thyroid and he/she has not found anything physical which may be a cause for this momeory loss, then you should consult a Psychiatrist who might give you a 30 point memory test to assess your memory problems. He/she will also take a full history which will tell you the cause for this memory problem. For ex if your concentration/attention is disturbed then also you can have memory problems. So, Psychiatrist would be the next port of call.
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response
hello Divyasanghvi .. memory loss is just a symptom your body telling you that it has been stressed out a lot.. just take it easy n relax.. destress your self by exercise n meditiation .. homeopathic mdicines will help you to improve your memory faster n destress your system.. god bless..