I am suffering from hypothyrodisom. How long it will take to cure?

I am (M-39) diagnosed with Hypothyroidism 6 months back. My TSH was above 500 on first test. My Dr. Started with 50 mg Thyrofit and gradually increased dose according to the test results. My last test (45 days ago) shows TSH 12, currently i am taking 125 mg Thyrofit. I want to for how long i could have been suffering from this disorder (I felt some of the symptoms like tiredness , low on energy since long time.) Second thing during initial months of treatment i felt much better (i started excersising) but recently i dont feel so good. I dont feel much energy and some dizziness in day time. My next appointment is after 2.5 month. Please advise.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011