I am suffering from hair fall and also hair density

good evening doctor i am suffering from hair fall and also hair density. i wanna regrowth and stop hair fall. so,please suggest me.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Mar 2011
Jun 2015
Hello Krishna,

Causes of hair fall are:
1. Environmental factors
2. Stress
3. Deficiency of certain minerals, vitamins & amino acids in diet. e.g. Iron, zinc, Vit B complex, lysine.
4. Hormonal factors. e.g. Thyroxine
5. Any incidence of surgery, shock, etc.

Management includes:
1. Treating the underlying cause
2. Avoidance of stress
3. Dietary modifications
4. Minoxidil solution to be applied locally to stimulate the hair follicles
5. Multivitamin & multi mineral supplementation

But these medications have to be used regularly under the guidance of a Dermatologist, as hair loss tends to return on stoppage of these medications.

So, it will be better to consult a Dermatologist to find out the underlying cause & start treatment accordingly.
Those cases which do not respond to medical therapy, are managed by hair transplantation.

It is believed that it is normal to shed 100 hairs each day, which is based on the assumption that the average scalp has 100,000 hairs, and 10% of these are in the resting phase.

So, there is no need to worry.
Your hairs will grow back again.

Wishing you a Good Health.
Thanks & take care.

General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Dear Krishna thanks for choosing health care magic.In today era of pollution and junk food this kind of problems are on rise.Please make sure that you are not suffering any vitamin or iron deficiency as this are the most common cause of this kind of problem.Take more of nutritious diet comprising of green vegetables and can take help of your doctor he may prescribe some vitamin supplements.Dandruff can lead to this kind problems also.ok buy take care.
General & Family Physician Dr. Das Arindam's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, welcome to HCM.

There is many causes behind hair fall.
These may be from hormonal imbalance, hereditary, food habit, environmental, dandruff,stress full life etc.50-100 hair fall in a day is normal but it varies man to man.

To stop hair loss you have to maintain the following things.

1.Don't use hair oil.
2.Use anti dandruff shampoo and normal shampoo in alternative day.
3.Every day wash your scalp properly with Sampson.
4.Take multivitamin group of drug.
5.Take fresh vegetables and fresh fruit .
6.Take adequate amount of water.
7.Avoid oily and fast food..
8.Take hair spa every month.
9.Use henna twice a month.
Hi Krishna

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Hair fall can be due to stress , infection , vitamin deficiency or hormone should try vitamin supplements and treat infection if any.You should visit your Dermatologist to evaluate the extent and pattern of hair fall and treatment as per that.

Following a healthy diet , drinking lots of water , stress free life with yoga , meditation included can help.

If none work , you can opt for hair transplant which is being effective in replacing the lost hair.