I am suffering from dry red inflamed skin. Taking Hydrc and i dont have any allergy to my makeup

hi there i have suffered from dry red inflamed skin under my eyes for about a month. I used hydrocortesoine cream and coconut oil 24/7 lastweek, and within 2 days the dry skin flaked off and skin was normal again. 2 days after i put on my usual make up and the flareness came up again and now i am back to square one. This make up has been used all my life and i am thinkng that maybe 2 days after recovery was not enough time and the skin was still vulnerable as i dont have an allergy to my makeup~? Please could you advise. Also i am using Hydrc. and coconut oil again this week to get it back to normal like last week but this time its taking a bit longerr. However everyday i get a black sock and gently swipe it over the skin to take off dead flaked skin. Is it ok to do this?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Apr 2011