I am suffering from an unbearably stiff spine. Suggest me the treatment

i m suffering from an unbearably stiff spine....please help
Asked On : Sun, 23 Jan 2011
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum

Hello Dear,

Please always mention all the details of the problems. It starts with your name age sex followed by detailed symptoms for precise advices. Please get your x-ray done and consult your nearest Doctor of Physiotherapy. Just i can advice some flexion exercises and hot fomentation.

Hope for quick recovery!
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Shruti Mittal(PT)Neurology's  Response

i do agree with above that u shud always come up with atleast ur age,sex, occupation and little of history....also the site of pain...anyways, keep this in mind henceforth...

what you can do is
- see a good orthopedician/Physiotherapist as soon as possible

-hot fomentation will be good(as mentioned above) and few back extension exercises(start slowly and with less repetitions)(BHUJANGA ASANA and its variations)

-by that time follow some precautions:

+Take proper rest but don not stop working completely.
+ Avoid lifting heavy weights.
+Always walk and sit straight(maintain proper posture)
+ Always take a turn and then get up from the bed.....avoid getting up straight frm the bed.
+Try to have an active lifestyle rather than sedentary.