I am suffering from a chronic pain after having sex. Is it gonococcal strep infection?

In May 2009, I had protected sex with a lady, I noticed there was a bit of a reddish colour inside the base of the condom after intercourse but it apeared intact. I just assumed that this was colouring of the condom. After about 5 / 6 days, I felt a sharp pain in my left neck gland , it stayed for a day then I started to get headache and painful jaws probably on the 9th or 10th day. By the 12th day, I had a fever and a painful throat , I went to the hospital they did a swab test and told me it was a virus so they prescribed a spray. After 3 days, there was no improvement so I went back, they ascked me to open my mouth again and realised it was too big and they could tell I was in pain. I didn t do a 2nd swab test but they came back to tell me it was Strep G, so they prescibed me some antibiotics (10 day course), by the day after, my throat was no longer painful, I continued to take the antibiotics, around the 6th day of taking the antibiotics, my neck started to be painful and then my biceps as well. In the coming days I started to have pain in my armpits as well (sort of like a pinching pain) it spread to my arms as well, mainly wrists and elbows, I also had a bit of light-coloured stools but no diarrhoea. I also had some pain in the sides of my torso . I had some night sweats and the one night I felt my groin glands, they had like a pumping action (beating you d normally associate with the heart). The pain continued for a long time, only subsiding a little bit around November 2009, but I still have it in my elbows, wrists, shoulders, sides of torso (under-arms) and armpits - my legs are pain-free. I had my tonsils removed in February 2010 as they had remained swollen since the infection stage (but they were not painful). Late last year, I had some blotches on my arms and a couple on my legs, when I scratched them, blood came out but they now appear as blotches on the skin. My initial blood test in January last year checked for mono and toxins especially but there was none, it just showed that I probably had CMV at some point in my life but I was immune to EBV. I had another test done in December last year, checking for reactive arthritis, toxins, lupus, etc but there was none of these and the doctor said that my CBC is normal. I had asked him to check for herpes but he said that it was highly unlikely I had it so he didn t test. I remember the week I had tonsillitis , I had a small pimple on my moustache area, whenever I scratched it, I could feel pain in my neck muscle, as if the 2 were connected. It was there for a few days and went. Please help me, as I type, I m in pain, I don t even know if it was gonoccocal strep.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Feb 2011