I am suffering from a breathing problem during sleep. What could be the reason for this?

when i sleep i stop breathing and i have been feeling short of breath and tired the last fews days with alot of pressure in my chest and just a little while ago i had this feeling in my chest like somthing jumped and twisted around for a few seconds and a little pain came from this it made me gasp and i have also been feeling weak and dizzy i have been to the doctors but were i am they say it is anxiety i havnt been feeling the same since i almost OD'd on ampehtimines but i have been clean for a month and a half i feel sick all the time and im getting tightness in my throught they did an ecg on my heart and they said it was good but im not sure i am i hardly get anxiety im normally calm. the doctors in my city dont take long with there patients because ther is only 2 on in the hospital and a waiting time of over 6 hrs in a city with 46000 people i need answers plz and thanx
Asked On : Fri, 10 Sep 2010