I am suffering from Tonsillitis & Strep throat with laryngitis. Got blood from mouth.

I had a history of Chronic Tonsillitis & Strep throat with laryngitis . My infections were so bad that the onset would happen so quickly, one minute I m feeling fine & talking & then an hr later I couldn t swallow my own salvia & was in so much pain & I couldn t even tell anyone how bad it hurt because I lost my voice too. I was 21 years old @ this time & had at least 4-5 Strep throat infections in just the past year alone and I had lost my voice every time. The Doctor s diagnosed me with Chronic Tonsillitis. I had to be hospitalized for a whole week the last time before the Doctor s decided that I would need to have a Tonsillectomy . There was so much swelling & infection that I had to wait a whole month before the Doctor s could do the surgery . I was coughing up a whole lot of blood . It was so much that the Doctor s gave me a bucket the size of a bed pan to cough into. The Doctor s told me that I was a day away from having Mono. My question is: What would you diagnose me as to having if I was a day away from being diagnosed with Mono?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Feb 2011