I am smoker. Having pain around hip. Have weight in stomach area. Should I get worried?

I have pain on the left side, around my hip. I recently moved, where I am now going up and down the stars a lot. I am also a student and don t get much exercise. I also have quite a bit of weight in the stomach area. I am a 53 year old female, smoker.....trying to quite. I know I have gained about 5 to 10 pounds since Janurary. Should I worry about this pain. The pain is about a nagging 6, measured 1 mild to 10 being extreme. Also, there is no pain while I am sitting, just kind of nagging discomfort. But when I rise up, it hurts the most. I can also feel the pain when I ly down. I often grab my stomach (to provide some support) as the excessive fat on my stomach is too heavy.
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012