I am sexually active. Started birth control pill. Missing periods. Could I be pregnant?

hi i am 18 years old. In the past two months i have a new partner. We are very sexually active and we rarely use a condom. Just about 3 weeks ago i started birth control . I started it a week before my period should have arrived. Going by my birth control pills i wont have my period until next week. Should i have already bled even though i am on birth control and it wasnt the right time accroding to the days on the pill package? could i be pregnant?
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012