I am seventeen, my heart is throbbing and hurts relentlessly. Suggest me a remedy

[Urgent] I am seventeen, my heart is throbbing and hurts relentlessly, what should I do? Approximately two hours ago at work my heart began to hurt, as if palpatating. On previous occassions, stress and anxiety have incurred heart palpitations, but usually those subside after a couple of minutes. It has been two hours, and I still have a strong, condensed pain in the left side of my chest . It does not heart to breathe. I exercised slightly to get my heart beat up to see if I could detect an exacerbation of the pain, but the pain did not increase with my heart beat; it stayed the same. Does this mean it s not my heart? More information: I am seventeen years old and generally eat a healthy, balanced diet . I am 5 7 and 115 pounds. I used to work out, but have not had time to do so in months. This morning, I ate two scrambled eggs . At work, I had three granola bars, each at approximately a twenty minute interval. Could this have caused heart burn? But shouldn t heart burn hurt in the middle of my chest, and not on the left side? This feels more like palpitations Addendum: Last night, while driving, a pungent , overwhelming odor of something burning entered my vehicle, wherein it circulated and I breathed it for about a full minute. Could I have had a chemical or heavy metal exposure, and is that what might be attacking my body/heart? Won t a doctor just administer X-Rays? I m already passed my radiation limit. I just checked my pulse. It is 108/73 with a pulse of 88. Whereas my heart is concerned, does this mean that things are normal? Could the pain on the left side of my chest be caused by heart burn?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Dec 2009