I am overweight. Having swollen feet. Feet and ankles tender to touch. Should I be concerned?

My feet have been swollen for the past couple of weeks. I am about 100 lbs overweight and it has been unbearably hot here, in Chicago. In addition my feet and ankles are tender to the touch. I am going to get a pedicure today and I am actually dreading it! I am not sure if this is something I need to be extremely concerned about or if it is just my weight and the weather? I obviously need to lose weight but is this something I should rush to the doctor for?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012