I am not good in expressing myself so i am scared. Do i need psychiatric help ?

there is a lot that i dont understand and need help. im 14 years old and theres a lot that i dont understand. and going through. and somehow cant handle. and so im not good at expressing myself and somehow scared of. and my family have noticed a change on my attitude tey say im more of a rebel and trouble maker. they say im not a good one no more. i dont really know how im not good. and i know i did change but i dont think im bad. i do want to tell them what is up with me but they never understand and so when i do we always argue. so i never tell them anything but its hurting now because when my sister gets mad at me she always calls me crazy and tells me really offensive words. they hurt. and i dont know what to do? how should i deal with this. family. boyfriend. friends. and also my own problems?
Asked On : Fri, 3 Dec 2010

It is really sad that you are feeling so upset at waht you are going through.

The help that you can get, fortunately or unfortunately, depends on where you are living.

If you are in the developed world, there are many NGOs or other organisations like the samaritans, counsellors, help lines etc who can help you. The first line of call if you are in UK (and Europe I guess would be the same) would be your GP and they will be best placed to signpost you to the appropriate people/organisation. If you are in the USA, I guess it would be your local family physician.

If you are in the asian continent, then a confidant in your immediate or extended family would be the best person who can help out. TAKE CARE THAT THIS PERSON WHO YOU APPROACH SHOULD BE THE ONE WHO IS TRUSTED BY YOUR PARENTS/OTHER FAMLIY MEMBERS AS WELL.

in effect, I am telling you that you can be better helped by primary health care rather than a psychiatrist who is considered to be a tertiary care health professional.

Good Luck