I am not getting my periods for long due to hormonal imbalance

Im ANNA, 23 Years old. I have my first Menstruation when i was 11 and it stops. ( i only have 2 months of it) until now, im 23 yrs old and my Menstruation just stop. I went to the doctors and they told me i have hormonal imbalance. They prescribe me to use Birth control pills , i have my Menstruation when im using pills. But if i stop, my Menstruation also stops. Im not comfortble in using pills because my heart palpitate so hard. I dont what to do? should i use pills or what? please help me :(
Asked On : Sat, 6 Aug 2011