I am not getting my period after birth control

Hi, I 22 years old, been on birth control for 6 month, and then went off birth control for a month and half already. My period has not came back yet!! I have no medical problems in the past or in the present. When will my period come back?? I am scared that I won't ovulate again. (also, I am 100% I'm not pregnant since I've been abstaining after I've been off birth control, and also my pregnancy test came out negative). Please help. Am I ever going to ovulate again?
Asked On : Wed, 21 Jul 2010
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query
Stopping of the birth control can sometimes cause this problem in sone. If u have had periods regulary then u will definitely get your periods again and also unwont have problems ovulating. I suggest u wait for a week. If u still don't get it meet a gynaec
Have a healthy life