I am hypertensive, can I join a Gym ?

I am hypertensive from 5 years..my doctor suggested for some exerscise..i am planning to join in gym..after that will my bloodpressure will be low ?
Asked On : Thu, 8 Oct 2009
I think aerobic exercises are better than gym exercises for hypertension. aerobic exercises can be done in home only, its advantages, it also reduces cholesterol also.
I think for you gym is not suitable. You can do simple walking or swimming. Since you have high BP i donot think it is wise plan to go to gym
  Anonymous's Response

Doctor suggested exercises, not gym. Ask him if you are fit to join gym and whether it will help you for BP. Why take chances???