I am having upper left abdominal pain

Why am I having upper left abdominal pain that radiates into my left shoulder and left mid back ?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Sounds almost like what's happening to me. Started off with abdominal discomfort for a few weeks, then suddenly I started getting back pain. I've been to a couple doctors, and neither of them think it's anything serious. Thanks, don't have to live in this body! ;) Luckily I have a CT scan coming up...but I have to wait three weeks to get it. Could be anything from muscle strain, an ulcer, swollen spleen, kidney stone...there are lots of things it could be. You didn't state your age or many other details, so this is a generality based on my existing research.
General & Family Physician Dr. Gautam Das's  Response
Hi. Get n ultrasound abdomen done asap so that we rule out few possibilities. Depending on the findins we can work out further investigations or plan of action. It might be renal or ureteric stone..or just simple myalgia. Stronly advise you to get an ultrasound abdomen done asap.