I am having swollen ankle and cannot walk. Is the bone broken or just sprained ?

hi yesterday at about 7 ish pm i stepped on a rock in a pair of working boot i am 24/f when i stepped on the rock my right ankle bent straight to the right toward the ground.....i took a moment and tried to walk it hurt but i let it of right now it is swollen and walking is more of a project than anything else the pain level at rest is about a 6 walking is through the roof but a 10 would do...moving it or anything on it hurts to about a 8 or 9 it is slightly warm but not bruised just swollen could it be broken or just sprained??
Asked On : Tue, 15 Mar 2011