I am having severe shortness of breath, my left arm completely numb. What could be the reason for this?

My lower legs and feet have been swelling badly, to the point where it feels as if they are being bruised from the inside out. I am having severe shortness of breath . The other night I woke up to find my left arm completely numb..and I could not close my hand. Also, my hand was ice cold. After a bit, it was as if blood came back into my arm and hand, like it had gone to sleep , only more so. I have been on lasex for fluid retention, and also breathing medication, but the problem keeps getting worse. If anyone can give me some real advice, it would be much appreciated. Thanx in advance.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009