I am having severe cold, chest pain, ear infection for about 3 weeks. Is it pneumonia?

About 3 weeks ago, I started having a horrible cough and runny nose. At first, I simple attributed it to sinuses, but a couple days later, I developed a fever at night, and I became very tired. I live on a college campus, so I then went to the nurse on campus in hopes to get a start on getting better before my symptoms got worse. Well, she gave me a decongestant and told me to return in a few days if I hadn't gotten any better. Well, I returned in a few days because I had started wheezing. So, she listened to my chest, and decided I should see a doctor because she suspected me of having pneumonia.

I went to a doctor a couple of days later, and she was anything but helpful. She didn't ask any questions that seemed to pertain to the situation, and then she listened to my chest and told me I must have asthma. She sent me away with an inahler. I continued to take my decongestants throughout all of this.

My cough only seemed to worsen, and then I developed two ear infections. Now, I've started having sharp pains in my lower right stomach, next to my hip, every single time I cough. Can anyone help me out with this? I'm running out of options, and I need to get better so going to class isn't such a miserable time.

Asked On : Tue, 22 Sep 2009