I am having pain in my left leg's calf muscles. What could be the reason for this?

I am having pain in my left leg's calf muscles. Earlier I had pain in my left knee and calf muscles. Approx. 35 days earlier, I had to run fast to catch my train. Also, I think I ran more than I could had. May be beyond limits, I ran for almost 5- 10 minutes continuosly in a single stretch. I was running after a long period of time and that too all of a sudden I had to do it. In fact when i boarded the train, I was not able to breathe properly. Also, I think after 2 hours, I was able to at least talk a bit comfortably. Both of the legs were paining. Next Day, My left Leg twisted producing a cracking sound. After that I kept on working as normal and nothing happened. Nothing that serious work load was there for me. I just kept on doing my normal daily life task. Also, the pain remained. I though it will go after some days. But Till Today it's paining. I went to see a doctor after 10 days of the incident, I told him all these. He asked me to get X-Ray done and MRI Scan done for the left knee. In the Final Report He got the following things - 1. Contusion in lateral tibial condyle. 2. Mild Synovial Effusion . He suggested me to take bed rest and asked me to use Knee Hinged Support in order to keep the knee stabalised and also gave me medicine which was pain killer ( Dichloran A - Diclofenac Sodium 50 mg and paracetamol - 325 mg) . I observed that whenever i kept on taking the medicine , the pain was gone but the feeling in the region near knee and calf muscles was different than my right leg. Please suggest me what can be the real situation. I am in pain. Also, the pain is not of high degree like i will start weeping. But, yea, it's not allowing me to work as a regular person.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Aug 2010