I am having irritated esophagus and am over weight. Diagnosed with peptic ulcer and GERD and under medication

I have been diagnosed with peptic ulcer and Gerd , I am now under medication, 3rd week to be exact, I am 25 years old, female, height is 4 7.9 weight is 114 lbs, my problem is despite the medication, my Gerd is getting worse or should I say just stable it s not healing and now even water makes me full and makes my esophagus irritated, please help I don t know whats wrong with me I know I am over weight but is this the only reason why I m not healing? the first 2 weeks of the medication was okay, I felt a bit better but now going on the 3rd week I feel like it s getting worse
Asked On : Fri, 26 Aug 2011