I am having irregular periods. Is it dangerous?

i m 16 and have been having my period since before i was thirteen but during the last year and a half my periods have been really irregular. last year i didn t have a period for 7 months had one for over a week, then none for another 5 months now its been bout 5 months again. My point is i weigh 7 stone and im 5ft 2 and my mum says i may be at risk at not being able not have children if i don t start have regular perioids. is this true?, cos i would die if it was. Please reply!! thanks by the way 7 stone is 98 pounds for those who asked
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
You need to see a doctor! You may have PCOD, hypo or hyperthyroidism or a lot of other things. This is treatable with medication, but if left untreated, it is not so good. It is not to late and you most likely can still have kids. But please see you doctor ASAP!