I am having brown discharge for 2 to 3 weeks after taking microgynon. Why is this happening do i need to change my medicine ?

hello, I have been taking microgynon for 3 months without breaks as advised by my doctor . This was prescribed for very heavy periods that last a long time. For the 3rd pack of tablets I have been experiencing brown discharge that only appears after I have been to the toilet. It is exactly like the discharge I get before my usual period arrives but has been happening for around 2/3 weeks. I am finding this very distressing and I am worried. I am not sexually active at the moment and the medicine is being used for heavy periods only. What is happening? Should I change my medicine?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Aug 2011

welcome to healthcare magic forum
yes ,you need to consult your gynecologist and check your self and change the medicine
brown discharge while on microgynon is not a normal thing and we must concern it
so dont try anything your own and go to doctor

i hope i answered your question