I am having a swollen vagina and a protruding lump after intercourse. What could be the reason for this ?

Hi I am 23 years old and recently after having intercourse I have noticed a swollen feeling in my vagina it went away and then came back I also noticed when I put self examined there I can feel a pretruding lump coming down I didnt know if this was normal maybe just the cervix but it became really uncomfortable the sort I feeling like havinga tampon inserted incorrectlly and like something is popping out I thought maybe it could be some kind of vaginal prolapse but as I have no kids and am young that wouldnt be right would it? anyway I saw a nurse today as cant get into a dr for a wee while and she said there is a lump in there like a cyst that is only pee size.. after internest searching cysts info all ses you wouldnt really know they were there and they wouldnt cause much discomfort.. so is this what is causing the odd feeling as if the inside of my vagina is collasping? I am really worried and it s very uncomfortable could intercourse have caused this? only other health issues is IBS
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jul 2011