I am having a swelling stomach. I also have pcod and pid.

my age is 21 i am female i am suffering from polycystic ovary disease and pelvic inflammatory disease .right ovary is normal in size with a follicle of=14mm and few tiny follicles.left ovary is normal in size with multiple tiny follicles some of which are peripheral.significant fluid in cul-de sac.i am currently consulting endocrinologist ,dermotologist.i am taking krimson 35 and weight is 65 and my height is 5 6.also it seems i am having swelling specially on my stomach.and also tell me about pid because i am not given any medication for that.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Mar 2011
PCOS is a group of symptoms that cause weight gain,irregular periods etc.From what you mentioned,i believe that you are getting the correct treatment for that.If your blood sugars are in control and you are ovulating then the treatment should be working.Krimson 35 and glycomet should be continued,at least until you want conception.The pid is another issue entirely.You will need treatment if you are symptomatic like vaginal discharge,back pain,painful intercourse,fever etc.Usually antibiotics are given.If your are not symptomatic,you may have had infection that has resolved.
General & Family Physician Dr. Niranchana Vallirajan's  Response
Polycystic Ovarian Disease is a very common health issue dealth by many women around the world. Main things u need to remember dealing with this is to eat healthy and lose weight. You should also get your hormones checked on a regular basis like every 6 months along with medications. The medications u r taking now will help u not gain weight and increase metabolism of body, but u should work on losing weight.

PID or Pelvic Inflammatory Disease : Most common cause are infections. If u have any symptoms of vaginal itching, dicharge per vagina, pelvic pain, low backache, fever, then it could be PID. If u have any of these symptoms, see a doctor as the symptoms need to be checked before giving prescription.