I am having a heartburn and i am 22 years old. Is there any affordable treatment ?

I m only 22 years old. For 2 years and still going I ve been having heartburn everyday. I have to take Zantac everyday. On the bottle it says if I have to use it for more than a certain amount a weeks I should see a doctor , and I am well over the amount of weeks it states. About a year and a half ago I found out that leaving my heartburn unattended for about 3 days makes me really sick and causes me to throw up alot. I know that I must have Acid Reflux . Is there anyway to just make it stop? I know it s bad to be taking this medicine every single day. I know I should see a doctor, by like a lot of people I just cant afford it. Even though I could probably afford a doctor s visit, I dont think there is anyway I could afford some expensive Acid Reflux medicine. I don t even know if that medicine will make it stop or I will be stuck taking that every single day too.
Asked On : Wed, 25 May 2011