I am having BP 90/60. Is it safe ?

My age is 28 and i am having BP 90/60. Is it safe ? Do i get any heart disease ?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
NORMAL B.P HAS RANGE FROM 90/60-140/90 MM OF HG,IDEALLY IN MEDICINE 120/80 MM OF HG IS CONSIDERED LANDMARK.
IF THERE IS DEVIATION OF B.P FROM THIS LANDMARK WE TRY TO RECTIFY IT.,MOREOVER IF THIS DEVIATION IS PROLONGED.
YOUR B.P FALLS IN THE RANGE BUT LOWER THAN IDEAL,IT CAN BE DUE TO DEHYDRATION,EXISTING THYROID DEFICIENCIES OR ANY OTHER CAUSE.
LOWER B.P DOES NOT MEANS A GOOD HEART,HEART FALIURE (NOT HEART ATTACK),DIGITALIS POISONING ,ANY DEGREE OF HEART BLOCK ,ALL SHOW LOW B.P,FASTING CAN ALSO LOWER B.P
BUT SAYING ALL THIS ONE READING IS NOT ENOUGH,IF YOU HAVE RECENT INFECTION OR DEHYDRATION ,REHYDRATE YOUR SELE,CHECK YOUR HB% AND IF PROBLEM IS STILL NOT DETECTED ,VISIT A CARDIOLOGIST.
Lower than average BP is generally a normal healthy variant and is only a problem if you are symptomatic. If you are symptomatic, this could indicate that BP is too low to push blood around the body- your blood pressure would generally need to be a lot lower than this to cause a problem. If for example, your average BP is >140 and it all of a sudden plummets to 90, then this is of course significant. If this is your usual reading (there abouts), then it's nothing to worry about, it's quite healthy. The lower the BP, the lower the stroke risk. Studies support the fact that high blood pressure is a major risk factor for cardiovascular events later in life. This does not necessarily mean you are healthy though. To reduce your chances of developing premature problems, just eat healthily and exercise. Don't smoke and limit alcohol consumption. Forget the rest, go out and have fun.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.This BP is normal if you don't have any problem or symptom.Your BP is on the lower border of normal range and it is perfectly acceptable.Good luck.