I am getting pain in right side of my chest but i dont smoke or drink. What can i do ?

I have a pain in the upper right side of my chest when i breath in. Im 15 (Male) , im not really fat but not skinny either and I dont drink or smoke. I play football (Soccer) and Tennis most days. I have had for less than a month but it hasnt bothered me that much but now im starting to worry a little.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Apr 2011
Hi Buddy,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
You are a young chap so need not to worry a lot, its just a little muscular sprain (what we call in our medical terms as MYALGIA) that usually appears if you over exert your muscle and not give them proper rest that they need. So just give a bit of rest to your muscles and apply hot frementation. These things will surly help you in over comming your problems.
Get well soon
do get back to me for any other query at

Dr. Harsh Rai
General & Family Physician Dr. Siva Prasad Reddy Pesala's  Response
Thank you for choosing health care magic. Your condition sounds like myalgia to me. Simple pain killers can address your problem. If you have any associated short of breath at any time visit a physician and get a chest x ray done.

Hi, welcome to HealthcareMagic. according to your age just 15 yrs .its not worry about major heart problem ,but as you play football & tennis it may causes Blood pressure raise may cause problem & also due to constipation & Gases may causes similar problem,better to visit physician and go for routine Investigation....!