I am getting jelly like blood discharge after delivery. Do i need to worry ?

since giving birth iv had sum jelly blood discharge with sometimes a tad of white in it but mostley dark blood so this means its old ? My placenta was raggid and i had a big lump of it about the size of my hand come out when i returned home what is this bloody gel like discharge i am getting ?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Mar 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum
The discharge you have is lochia, this is seen for about 40 days after delivery. The color varies, initially red to later dark or even greenish.
If you experience any new symptoms, any foul smell, fever or anything, you can visit your obstetirician.