I am getting irregular periods but i am on birth control. Is this normal ?

I have had an abnormal period the past couple months. i am on birth control and take it regularly like im instructed however the past two months my period has been 4-5 days late and lighter then normal and this month it is about8 days early and more like spotting. Is this a normal thing or am i pregnant?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Nov 2010
hi welcome to HCM.if got your period means you are not pregnant,because loss of menstruation is the first sign of pregnancy.on birth control pills your periods should be regular,if irregular then it means you are not taking tabs regularly.take tabs regularly.