I am getting brown vaginal bleeding while on birth control. Am i pregnant ?

hi, i m 22 yr old , my periods always last for 3-4 days. first time i had intercourse ,unprotected sex on 3rd day of periods . Next day after 24 hours, i took unwanted 72 pill than evrything is alright bt after 1 week i had intercors again and on 1 day after taking this intercours started vaginal bleeding light red color, then brownish , which is till now taoday is 3rd days .help me.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jul 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
I-pill can cause withdrawal bleeding. It could have resulted from the previous I-pill you took. You need to rule out infection like Bacterial vaginosis which can also cause these symptoms. Keep good hygiene in the vaginal area. Avoid taking I-pill unless accidently there is failure of contraception like burst condom as it has very bad side effects like weight gain, nausea, vomiting, breast tenderness, delayed cycles, heavy bleeding, irregular cycles.
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
hello astha,
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
one of the most common side effect of i pill is menstrual irregularity
in most women after taking the pill it's possible for the next period to come one week earlier or later than expected. Intermenstrual bleeding may also occur(like your case)
if it is associated with abdominal pain loss of appetite then you have to consult
your gynecologist for other probable causes
take care