I am getting a abdominal pain but it is not severe. I am 22 weeks pregnant

Hi, This is prasanthi from chennai and working in a MNC, I am 22 weeks pregnant now, I get slight pain in left abdomen very often, last week (23th july 2010) I had a check up in the hospital regarding this (Scan and uring test); however the results were normal, hence I was advised to take crocin and alkanity syrup. The pain is not that much severe; but comes often. Please advise.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Aug 2010
Hello prashanthi;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Since the scans and the reports are normal i guess there is nothing to worry regarding the pain.Many a times mild pains can be due to infection of urine;even gaseous distention can cause mild pain.So presently there is no reason to worry just keep regular follow up with your doctor and if anything seems to be abnormal please consult your doctor.Take care.
All the best.
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Thanks for nice query.     
Mild pain during pregnancy is not very uncommon ,it can be due to variety of non harmful causes also.So try to lie more on left or right lateral position.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”