I am gaining weight even though i maintain a diet. Can it be because of thyroid problem ?

hi.i have gained 40kg in last 18m despite rigorous excersise with a pt 4 times p/w(for the last 6 months). age 29/f/165cm/95kg.i eat generally healthy diet and make what i believe to be good choices(sweet potatoe insead of white, brown rice, youghurt instead of icecream etc). i went to doc who ordered my THS, FREE T3 AND T4. my results are Free t3-1.98, FreeT4 1.7 THS 2.11. I HAVE READ ONLINE that above 2 in ths is pre hypo but my doc says it normal. i cant understand why im gaining or maintaining when im doing all this workouts? any thoughts would be greatful! could this be something else.my doc is at retirment age and has been my doc since childhood so i dont want to offend him by asking him.other than the primary weight gain, im also feeling low which i dont know is it cause by the weight gain or not and im sooooooo tired. i slept for 10hrs last night, have only been up for 3 and my eyes are closing as i write this. i do not have children!
Asked On : Thu, 26 May 2011