I am feeling reeling over my head

Hi,Am prakash here.It has been 10/12 days, I am feeling reeling over my head .No pain in head.If I work(physical)then it aggravates.Not every time.I am also not comfortable to sound(noise)everything seems to be noisy .Took rest felt better.If Bus passes with its horn,Am feeling very noisy with that sound.For last couple of years,It happens in every 4/5 month for 3/4 days.I am also prone to everything is fine.Couple of elders were telling me to go through a check up with ENT . It would be nice of you if you could suggest something on this issue and obliged
Asked On : Tue, 21 Dec 2010
Your symptoms sound more like Meniere's Disease. First, it is important to get your blood pressure checked. Then you should have a detailed history, examination, cervical spine X-rays, PTA (Pure Tone Audiometry) and Impedance Audiometry done. Other detailed tests are also possible, if indicated. Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV) occurs on change in head position; hearing is usually normal and usually recovers, hence the name benign. Meniere's Disease has fluctuating hearing loss, vertigo, tinnitus and fullness in the ear. Do loud sounds also cause vertigo in addition to hyperacusis? Your hyperacusis may be a sign of recruitment phenomenon seen in sensori-neural hearing loss. Treatment is best done after accurate diagnosis. Kindly share the results of your examination and the above mentioned tests.