I am facing so many problem with my voice resembles

my voice resembles a girl i am facing so many problem with my voice my voice resembles a girl i am facing so many problem with my voice sometimes i am loosing my confidence also at the time of teenage transition doesnt happend for my voice. can you tell me some ofthem so that little change in voice will help me alot. when i am speeking to a strange and new person they will think as if i am a girl. i heard abt hormone therophy..
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response
Hello Suneel,
I Would like to know your age first. Although i am not doctor, (i also had this problem it is known as Puberphonia), you might want to know how i treated it.
If you are able to anything any sound in a low tone(sometimes cough or laughter may be in a very low pitch). Then you should practice saying "aaaa" or "hmmmm" for a few seconds and then should try to read something out in that low pitch, you might not be able to speak properly at first or stutter a bit but after you starting reading it out without a stopping(stop only to take a deep breath and continue reading) then you notice that you can speak in a low pitch voice effortlessly. Most Speech Therapist's try to bring out the low pitch voice and then stabilize it.I think doing this for a few weeks you will become so accustomed to this voice that you will not be able to speak in your earlier 'girly' voice.You may feel very bad after speaking in the low pitch voice for a few minutes you are not able to speak in that voice anymore but continue in your 'girly' voice.
Remember doctors may say that it can damage your vocal cords(so ask a doctor) , but i was too frustrated to listen to any(when nobody tries to listen to me) so i tried it out.
Here are is a link which should prove to be helpfull to you:-
  Anonymous's Response

Hi..  You may need evaluation to know the cause for the problem. Only when a proper cause is found the treatment can be directed.. It could be a sensitive problem hence it is better to get checked..

Dont get depressed suneel many celebrities have the same voice sachin tendulkar has this problem. there are some surgeries coming up these days. hormone therapy has few side effects there is a surgery called cricothyrid approximation which is helping have you tried voice therapy any way

Puberphonia is the persistence of adolescent voice in an adult especially in the absence of any organic cause(such as hypogonadism which may require hormone therapy).

Treatment will depend on your age and may include Speech Therapy, Laryngeal manipulation techniques and/or laryngeal surgery or Type III Phonosurgery (Thyroplasty).