I am experiencing cramps during periods

Hi, I am a 31 year old mother of an almost 2 year old little girl. My periods are usually always regular but on occasion they may be a day or two late or a day or two longer. I very rarely experience cramping during periods. I have been having an issue now however that has got me concerned. I skipped my period december 09 and i hinestly thought i was pregnant as i was quite active with my partner during my ovulation time, but after numerous preg tests i was not and my period arrived exactly when it was due in January. However since 7th Jan i have had on and off bleeding ranging from brown to pinkish and red. Majority of the time it has been brown. I have just again got my period on the 22nd feb a little later than it should be but it is here. Again no cramping or pain just bleeding this time with the occasional clot. I am concerned as I had this happen the year I fell pregnant with my daughter and my doctor told me it is normal to have you period go out of synch from time to time. And here i am again witht he same thing 2 years down the track please help !
Asked On : Tue, 2 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Cessation of mensturation is one of the signs for pregnancy. But it may also happen so due to other causes. Mensturation is a hormonal influenced cycle. So may be it can be due to the same. One or two days difference in the cycle is considered as normal. If it is presenting with some other physical signs or if it is bothering you then may be a evaluation by a gynecologist could be considered.

Hi.Thank you for your response. I honestly thought i was pregnant but after many many neg tests i assumed i was not and since i got my period when it was due the following month i figured just a skipped period which is normal. But with this on and off bleeding and brown spotting yes it is starting to drive me crazy however i am having no other physical issues other than having trouble sleeping so i think a visit to the doctors is in the works. I was kind of hoping someone else has had the same sort of issue.