I am diabetic and i have albumin in urine

I am diabetic and for some time Albumin in urine are being discharged. May you help me for the same trouble?
Asked On : Wed, 1 Jun 2011
Welcome to HCM Mr. Ansari.
Albumin in urine indicate some renal problem first.Go for complete Renal function test.
Ultar sound for it.Check sugar that your Diabetes is undre control or not.Uncontrol daibetes for long time may damage the kidney.You can consult your Diabetologist first than go further.Take care .Best wishes
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Albumin being discharged in the urine in high amounts can point to Diabetic nephropathy. In order to decrease your chances of kidney failure you must maintain your Blood sugar within normal values by proper diabetic diet, atleast 40 minutes of moderate exercise and anti-diabetic medications as recommended by your Doctor.
hi ansari
welcome to health care magic
as your suffering from diabtes it is likely to develop diabetes complication like diabetic nepropathy.
it is believed that uncontrolled high blood sugar leads to the development of kidney damage, especially when high blood pressure is also present. In some cases, your genes or family history may also play a role. Not all persons with diabetes develop this condition.
treatment is necessary to keep the kidney disease from getting worse and prevent complications. This involves keeping your blood pressure under control (under 130/80). Controlling high blood pressure is the most effective way of slowing kidney damage from diabetic nephropathy.
you need to go for some more test to confirm diabetic nepropathy.
24-hour urine protein
Blood levels of phosphorus, calcium, bicarbonate, PTH, and potassium
Protein electrophoresis - urine
kidney biopsy if required,
visit diabetologist soon.
good luck