I am constantly thirsty and hungry. Am i diabetic?

I'm constantly thirsty, my mouth is always dry, I have to go to the bathroom a lot, I've lost weight, even though I eat more than I usually do. It doesn't seem like I'm any thirstier than I used to be, but I'm not really sure. I know that my hunnger has increased though. I'm always looking for something to eat, and will eat almost anything to ease my 'hunger.' I always have a bad attitude towards everyone, and I'm always yelling. I think it'd be awkward to tell my mom I should be tested before jumping to conclusions. What do you think? I've also noticed that if I eat certain things with a lot of sugar, such as chocolate or soda, I feel really dizzy and weak and I have to lay down. I drink about 8-12 large glasses of water or tea a day. And like I said, if I eat too much sugar I feel like I'm going to throw up. I only know of 5 people in my family that have diabetes. They all have type 2. I'm not sure if I do or not, or if I'm just overreacting. Don't call me stupid for asking a question I already know the answer to, because I don't. Yahoo Answers is for uncertain people to ask questions to the public without being criticized.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response

get the blood glucose checked early in the morning in empty stomach and 2 hours after consuming the food. if the blood glucose levels are normal in this type of blood work than you are not suffering from diabetes.