I am confused about when i should test for ovulation

hey I am confused about when to start testing for ovulation . Today was the end on my cycle which began on 1/13/2010, and the cycle before then began on 12/18/09 and ended on 12/24/09. anyways my question is, could you please help me know when I need to start testing, I have figured up that its 9 days after the last day of my cycle, cause the length of my cycles are about 26 days apart, could you please tell me if I am second guessing my self for no reason because I am right or if I am wrong could you please explain the whole process to me and tell me when I should start testing to see when I am ovulating? thank you
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Ovulation takes place around 14 days before your periods. So with that you can canculate. For your case you should do it on day 13-15 taking 1st day as the day when you started bleeding. For eg now 13th is day 1 and you should check it in b/w 26-28th.