I am concerned I may be having a miscarriage. What i should do ?

I was taking birth control for two years so I would not have a period. I had maybe 2 periods a year if i were to miss a pill i would start and just let the period finish. In Aug of 2009 I started taking my pills normally again so i would have a period and things were goin fine. In oct when i had my period however i was in so much pain i went to the emergency room thinking something was seriously wrong. They told me stop taking my birth control asap. I have had 2 periods since then and the cramps have been what they told me to expect but the blood flow has been normal, slightly heavier then my old periods but i expected that. I usually have my periods at the beginning of the month so this month when i didn t start i figured it was just from my body trying to regulate itself again. Then i started having signs of early pregnancy i took two tests both came back negative. So i thought nothin of it. I am concered i may be having a miscarriage because today i have been awake for 4 hours and have changed my super tampon twice. bleeding completly through my first one.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. It either could  be due to miscarriage or may be one of your periods which has delayed... Since you have had symptoms of pregnancy the likely chances of miscarriage is more... You can confirm this by repeating the pregnancy test or by a blood HCG levels.. An examination can also help in confirming the cause.