I am bruised internally or my kidney got injured ?

I'm thin, weigh about 110 pound and I am 12 weeks pregnant. I got punched hard by a 7 year old boy, in my lower left side of my back, about 2 days ago. I felt it for about 30 minutes. It has ached a little since then. Last night I slept on the couch for a couple hours on my left side. My lower left side of back hurts really bad now....severe off and on. I have 2 questions...... Most importantly, do you think my baby is okay? Do you think i am bruised internally or my kidney got injured?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Aug 2010
Relax! Your baby is in all probability OK. Kidney and other deeper injuries too are unlikely with a kid punch. However you could have bruising to the ribs and the intercostal muscles.
What you should do is to take good rest. Avoid any activity that puts stress on the muscles of your back.
Ask your partner to give you some hot fomentation to the region and apply some pain balm to the area.
If you don't feel better with this regimen in three days, consult your OBG..