I am bleeding after ear piercing

Hey, I just got my ears pierced at least 7 weeks ago, and I replaced them with these new earrings... But when I took the training earrings out, my right ear started bleeding! I don t know what s wrong, every time I clean it, the right one starts bleeding, but then sometimes the left does too, but only in minimal quantities... I have to turn my earring on the right every 30 minutes to get rid of the dry blood , but I don t know what s causing it! Can someone please help? I m afraid if I mess with them too much, they might get infected. --Thank you! Tiffany
Asked On : Sat, 5 Mar 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response

There can be a raw area around the hole causing this bleeding. Also, check out whether the surface of the ear ring (hook like thing) is smooth or not. Also use nesporin/soframycin ointment twice daily to keep the area moist. If the bleeding still persists please discontinue using ear rings and consult your ENT specialist for a thorough examination.

Dr. Naveen Kumar