I am always running to the bathroom and its embarrassing. Is this even some what normal ?

i play competitive soccer and I seem to always hav to go to the bathroom it is the most annoying thing in the world. I hav to ask the coach in the middle of every warm up. it sux I stick out cuz i am always running to the bathroom and its embarrassing. it is only when i play soccer games and i go like 3 times b4 we strt to warm up. is it just nervous pee ? what is wrong with me ? how do I make it stop ?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009

Going to bathroom thrice just before beginning of a soccer game is mainly due to anxiety and nervousness. To avoid this problem you can restrict your fluid intake at least two hours before the game and try to avoid any thing sweet in taste. That also adds to the diuretic effect. You can consult your physician to get a mild anti anxiety drug prescribed.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

Dr. Praveen Tayal

don't drink too much before practice. When at home drink some cranberry juice or use AZO to kind of flush your system. Sometimes having to go to the bathroom is a sign of a urinary tract infection or something else. Some home remedys help. If it doesn't stop, check with your doctor.